I had an opportunity where I had several workbooks (5 to be exact) that are updated on a regular basis, daily in some cases. Each workbook has similar information but in different locations. For my usage I desired to combine the applicable columns into a single set of columns in one Excel file. A merged document will allow me to look in one location rather than five, and find all the results.
I searched and searched and wasn’t able to find anyone else who had solved my particular problem. I set out to learn a little Visual Basic For Applications (VBA) so that I could accomplish the task. Continue reading
This is the Chevy Camaro Concept 5/30 from the 2014 Hot Wheels Cool Classics series. It is in gold spectrafrost color.
I was in need of an elegant way to demonstrate progression across separate articles of media but still show continuity. I decided upon a combination of shapes and colors. for the colors I wanted to flow from mostly white, through the color/hue spectrum to mostly black. I couldn’t figure out a way to get these values without manually selecting them so I did a little research into ways of defining colors. In my search I found a circular layout of colors that seemed to be what I needed. I also learned about HSV
which turned out to be the turning point, allowing me to turn my color selection into a set of equations. Continue reading
I have used Drupal for the last year or two and have finally gotten fed up with it. There are plenty of places online that discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each platform so I won’t do it here.
The main thing keeping me from going back to a simple WordPress installation was an easy way to move all my old content out of the Drupal CMS in a manner that would be simple to move it into a WordPress CMS.
I looked at some Modules built specially to do the task. I looked at some pay software as well. None of those options did what I needed. Even the pay program had poor reviews. Continue reading
I used to be very into playing paintball. Most of what I played was woodsball. Quite some time ago I made a Vest and shared my story at an online forum. I am sharing it here.
I thought I might share a vest that I have almost completed. Using about $10 worth of materials I’ve made a vest with (so far) a tank pouch, two pod carriers and a radio pocket. I also made a Remote Coil cover, not pictured.
I have enough fabric left over to make large pocket for the front, opposite the radio pouch.
I got my digital camo fabric from a fabric store for around $5.95 a yard and only got one yard. Continue reading
This is the 2014 Hot Wheels Fangster. This is the blue Treasure Hunt. The TH symbol is hidden on the backside.
If you are having trouble getting HTML code like <script> or <code> working correctly in Drupal articles using Full HTML or Display Suite code there are two things to check. Go to /admin/structure/types/manage/article/display/full and /admin/structure/types/manage/article/display/default check under the content type that you are having issues with and ensure that it is set to Default and not Plain Text. Then, under ‘Layout for article’ select any layout in order for Display Suite code to work.
A co-worker happened to mention that this Lunar Eclipse was going to happen the next morning. I decided to get up early and see if I could capture some decent pictures. I used my Canon T3i and EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM with 2X extender mounted to a tripod. I found a place on top of a parking deck that happened to have one bank of lights turned off. The settings for this picture (click to enlarge) are: ISO 1250, F/5.6 and roughly 8/10″ exposure.
Right as the eclipse was reaching the peak clouds rolled in and I was unable to get the ending.
I am happy, but not thrilled with the pictures I took. I end up with a lot of noise and not as clear as I would like. There is software to help with this but I haven’t figured out how to use it yet, and this time I didn’t take the reference frames that would have helped. You might not be able to tell here but having the camera take as many pictures as I did resulted in a hot pixel that turned magenta. Next time…
I’ve had the card game Fluxx for several years now. I really enjoy playing it. I’ve recently started playing again with some friends. We’ve been playing the Zombie version mostly. The game is designed to mix versions and create new cards as you wish.
I decided to make a few cards to add to my set using the DIYTC 2.0 and a program called Magic Set Editor.
They don’t riffle shuffle very well but it’s a lot of fun having these new cards in the deck so I employ the Corgi shuffle instead. So that we don’t have to straighten the pile back out we play with a messy draw pile, which is more fun anyway.